Sonepar Canada is a national family of the finest locally managed electrical and safety wholesalers. We are a member of the Sonepar Group, the world’s largest privately-held electrical distributor. The Sonepar Canada family has grown significantly over the years thanks to organic growth and strategic acquisitions. Today, we have over 1,700 employees working out of 100 offices throughout six provinces.
We are seeking a Manager of Internal Audit to build and lead the Canadian function based on our common Group Audit framework. The goal of Internal Audit and the Manager is to meet the needs of Sonepar Group, Sonepar North America, Sonepar Canada, and the operating companies by focusing on process improvement, protection of assets, and advancing best practices across the companies.
To identify and assess major risks for Sonepar Canada operations; to recommend solutions to prevent and reduce those risks as well as to improve reliability of financial and management reporting.
- Applies an advanced and in depth knowledge of audit procedures, including planning, techniques and test and sampling methods.
- Conducts a risk assessment and prepares the annual internal audit plan.
- Communicates the audit results to the appropriate levels of management, both orally and in written reports.
- Assures the follow-up of agreed-upon improvement actions to be implemented by the management of the audited entities
- Participates actively in the sharing and designing of work programs, tools and methods at Region and Group Internal Audit level.
- Reports to the Director of Internal Audit, North America and liaisons with Sonepar Canada Senior Management.
- 7 + years experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting and CPA license or other certification is preferred
- Internal audit experience in a private or public company
- Demonstrated experience applying advanced and in depth knowledge of audit procedures
- Experience with computer assisted audit techniques and data analysis software such as ACCESS, ACL or IDEA
- Demonstrates superior analytical ability and strong customer-service orientation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Bi-lingual – English and French
- Proficiency in the Microsoft suite of products
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Position is based in Montreal, Quebec Canada and relocation is not offered
Total compensation will be competitive, base salary plus a yearly bonus tied to project completions and overall organizational results. Complete Group Benefits, pension with contribution of the employer, and education support.
Candidates interested in this opportunity should send their resume at: www.lumen.ca under Careers, Available positions
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, but only those deemed suitable for the position will be contacted.
Sonepar Canada is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V